En Retournant Le 45 Tours D'ABBA (les faces B).

ABBA'S B SIDES
Au milieu des années 70, l'image et le son ABBA sont dorénavant reconnaissables. Les mélodies sont accrocheuses et les arrangements plus que parfaits.


Les membres ayant déjà connu la gloire de façon individuelle en Suède dans les années soixante, ABBA connaît la musique et ne néglige rien dans tous les aspects de la production...



Retournons les disques. Chaque
45 tours d'ABBA avait ce grand avantage de présenter une face B finement ciselée, à la mélodie presqu'aussi accrocheuse que son opposée. Certes les médias n'ont pas retenu ces titres là, mais ceux qui avaient le 45, eux, ne les ont pas oubliés. Souvenirs! Souvenirs!

1. WATCH OUT (1974)

Non, non, ce n'est pas une production de Lenny Kravitz. C'est la face B du 45 tours Waterloo, grand prix de l'Eurovision 1974.

Watch Out
Abba (1974)

You move like a flame of fire
Your eyes like a flash of lightning
The answer to all desire
And I'm gonna tame you, wild thing
You'd better watch out
I said you'd better watch out
Watch out
Anywhere you go I'll find you
Watch out
I'll be staying close behind you

And I'm tired of waiting
Yes it's driving me crazy
And my patience is fading
Oh, you'd better watch out
I said you'd better watch out

It's been kind of funny lately
You act like I was a stranger
I think you're beginning to hate me
But then you're a girl in danger

You'd better watch out
Ooh, I said you'd better watch out
Watch out
Anywhere you go I'll find you
Watch out
I'll be staying close behind you
And I've tired of waiting
Yes it's driving me crazy
And my patience is fading
So you'd better watch out
Yes I said you'd better watch out
Watch out
Watch out

And I'm tired of waiting
Yes it's driving me crazy
And my patience is fading
I said you'd better watch out
Oh girl you'd better watch out
Ah, you'd better watch out
Ooh, ah, you'd better watch out






2. ROCK ME (1975)


"Rock Me", d'abord appelée "Didn't I?" puis "Baby", parut en face A dans beaucoup de pays. En France, la chanson était la face b du 45 tours "I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do".

Rock Me

Abba (1975)

Rock me, give me that kick now
Rock me, show me that trick now
Roll me, you can do magic
Baby, and I can't get enough of it
Rock me, give me that feeling
Roll me, rocking and reeling
Baby, so don't stop doing it, don't stop doing it, now
(Don't stop the rocking, don't stop the rocking
I said don't stop the rocking)

Wanna be wanna be in my baby's arms
Gonna be gonna be
Nice and gentle if you want me to
Just as long as I'm in love with you
Yours for ever, honey, that's what I
Wanna be wanna be wanna be, yeah

Rock me, give me that kick now
Rock me, show me that trick now
Roll me, you can do magic
Baby, and I can't get enough of it
Rock me, give me that feeling
Roll me, rocking and reeling
Baby, so don't stop doing it, don't stop doing it, now
(Don't stop the rocking, don't stop the rocking
I said don't stop the rocking)

Wanna be wanna be with the one that I love, love, love
Gonna be gonna be
With you baby every single night
I can teach you how to rock all right
Your sweet lover, honey, that's what I
Wanna be wanna be wanna be, yeah

Rock me, give me that kick now
Rock me, show me that trick now
Roll me, you can do magic
Baby, and I can't get enough of it
Rock me, give me that feeling
Roll me, rocking and reeling
Baby, so don't stop doing it, don't stop doing it
Rock me (rock me), give me that kick now
Roll me (roll me), show me that trick now
Baby, so don't stop doing it, don't stop doing it
Rock me (rock me), give me that feeling
Roll me (roll me), rocking and reeling
Baby, so don't stop doing it, don't stop doing it







3. DANCE (WHILE THE MUSIC STILL GOES ON) (1976)


Dance (While The Music Still Goes On)
Abba (1976)


Oh, my love it makes me sad
Why did things turn out so bad
Was it just a dream, everything we did, everything we had

Baby, give me one more dance
While the music still goes on
Don't think about tomorrow
Dance and forget our time is gone
Tonight's a night we borrow
Let's make it a memory, a night of our own
A thing to remember when we're all alone
So dance, it's our way to say goodbye
Yes, all we have to do is

Dance while the music still goes on
This is no time for crying
Dance, don't you hear them play our song
God knows that we've been trying
But we didn't make it 'cause nothing's the same
We just couldn't help it, nobody's to blame
So dance while the music still goes on
And let it be our last goodbye

Yet it seems to make me sad
Why did things turn out so bad
Was is just a dream, everything we did, everything we had

Baby, give me one last dance
While the music still goes on
Just like the night I met you
Dance and believe me, when you're gone
You know I won't forget you
Our love was a snowbird, it's flying away
You tell me it's over, what more can I say
So dance while the music still goes on
It's gonna be our last goodbye

Dance while the music still goes on
Don't think about tomorrow
Dance and forget our time is gone
Tonight's a night we borrow
Let's make it a memory, a night of our own
A thing to remember when we're all alone
So dance while the music still goes on
And let it be our last goodbye

Dance while the music still goes on
This is no time for crying
Dance, don't you hear them play our song
God knows that we've been trying
Dance while the music still goes on
Just like the night I met you
Dance and believe me, when you're gone
You know I won't forget you






4. I'M A MARIONETTE (1977)


I'm A Marionette
Abba (1977)

You're so free
That's what everybody's telling me
Yet I feel I'm like an outward-bound, pushed around, refugee
Something's wrong, got a feeling that I don't belong
As if I have come from outer space, out of place, like King Kong

I'm a marionette, just a marionette, pull the string
I'm a marionette, everybody's pet, just as long as I sing
I'm a marionette, see my pirouette, 'round and 'round
I'm a marionette, I'm a marionette, just a silly old clown

Like a doll, like a puppet with no will at all
And somebody taught me how to talk, how to walk, how to fall

Can't complain, I've got no-one but myself to blame
Something's happening I can't control, lost my hold, it's insane

I'm a marionette, just a marionette, pull the string
I'm a marionette, everybody's pet, just as long as I sing
I'm a marionette, see my pirouette, 'round and 'round
I'm a marionette, I'm a marionette, just a silly old clown

Look this way, just a little smile, is what they say
You look better on the photograph if you laugh, that's okay!!

I'm a marionette, just a marionette, pull the string
I'm a marionette, everybody's pet, just as long as I sing
I'm a marionette, see my pirouette, 'round and 'round
I'm a marionette, I'm a marionette, just a silly old clown

You're so free
That's what everybody's telling me
Yet I feel I'm like an outward-bound, pushed around, refugee




5. MEDLEY: Pick A Bale Of Cotton/ On Top Of Old Monkey / Midnight Special (1978)


Medley: Pick A Bale Of Cotton / On Top Of Old Smokey / Midnight Special
Abba (1978)









6. THE KING HAS LOST HIS CROWN(1979)



The King Has Lost His Crown
Abba (1979)

I believe your new girl turned you down
And they say she's pushin' you around
How does it feel, I guess it hurts your pride
Tell me my friend how many nights you've cried

Disaster and disgrace
The king has lost his crown
Suddenly
He's clumsy like a clown
The world is upside down
The king has lost his crown

Was it hard to step down from your throne
And to know tonight you're all alone
Oh what a shame, you really want that girl
She doesn't care, still you just dream of her

Disaster and disgrace
The king has lost his crown
Suddenly
He's clumsy like a clown
The world is upside down
The king has lost his crown

Disaster and disgrace
The word is all around
Suddenly
He's clumsy like a clown
The world is upside down
The king has lost his crown







7. THE PIPER(1980)



The Piper
Abba (1980)

They came from the hills
And they came from the valleys and the plains
They struggled in the cold
In the heat and the snow and in the rain
Came to hear him play
Play their minds away

We're all following a strange melody
We're all summoned by a tune
We're following the piper
And we dance beneath the moon
We're following the piper
And we dance beneath the moon for him
And we dance beneath the moon
Sub Luna Saltamus

They came from the south
From the west and the north and from the east
They waited for the man
Like a parish is waiting for the priest
Longed to hear him play
Play their minds away

We're all following a strange melody
We're all summoned by a tune
We're following the piper
And we dance beneath the moon
We're following the piper
And we dance beneath the moon for him
And we dance beneath the moon
Sub Luna Saltamus

He came in a dream
He seduced everybody in the land
The fire in his eyes
And the fear was a weapon in his hand
So they let him play
Play their minds away

We're all following a strange melody
We're all summoned by a tune
We're following the piper
And we dance beneath the moon
We're following the piper
And we dance beneath the moon for him
And we dance beneath the moon





8. CASSANDRA(1982)


Cassandra
Abba (1982)


Down in the street they're all singing and shouting
Staying alive though the city is dead
Hiding their shame behind hollow laughter
While you are crying alone on your bed

Pity Cassandra that no one believed you
But then again you were lost from the start
Now we must suffer and sell our secrets
Bargain, playing smart, aching in our hearts

Sorry Cassandra I misunderstood
Now the last day is dawning
Some of us wanted but none of us would
Listen to words of warning
But on the darkest of nights
Nobody knew how to fight
And we were caught in our sleep
Sorry Cassandra I didn't believe
You really had the power
I only saw it as dreams you would weave
Until the final hour

So in the morning your ship will be sailing
Now that your father and sister are gone
There is no reason for you to linger
You're grieving deeply but still moving on
You know the future is casting a shadow
No one else sees it but you know your fate
Packing your bags, being slow and thorough
Knowing, though you're late, that ship is sure to wait

Sorry Cassandra I misunderstood
Now the last day is dawning
Some of us wanted but none of us would
Listen to words of warning
But on the darkest of nights
Nobody knew how to fight
And we were caught in our sleep
Sorry Cassandra I didn't believe
You really had the power
I only saw it as dreams you would weave
Until the final hour

I watched the ship leaving harbour at sunrise
Sails almost slack in the cool morning rain
She stood on deck, just a tiny figure
Rigid and restrained, blue eyes filled with pain
Sorry Cassandra I misunderstood
Now the last day is dawning
Some of us wanted but none of us could
Listen to words of warning
But on the darkest of nights
Nobody knew how to fight
And we were caught in our sleep
Sorry Cassandra I didn't believe
You really had the power
I only saw it as dreams you would weave
Until the final hour

I'm sorry Cassandra
I'm sorry Cassandra





9. YOU OWE ME ONE(1982)


You Owe Me One
Abba (1982)

Now there's a shadow falling over our faces
Doubt forever in our hearts
And in a while we'll stop to pick up the traces
We won't find the missing parts
Buy me a ticket I'll go to the Bahamas
I need a rest from our daily little dramas
Yes I really do

Aha
Look what you've done
I'm missing all the fun
Baby you owe me one
Aha
My turn to run
A chance to feel the sun
Baby you owe me one

I wasn't ready for this kind of intrusion
I was taken by surprise
Now both of us are in a state of confusion
Hesitation in our eyes
Something unwanted has entered our existence
I think it's better to view it from a distance
Yes I really do

Aha
Look what you've done
I'm missing all the fun
Baby you owe me one
Aha
My turn to run
A chance to feel the sun
Baby you owe me one

Aha
Look what you've done
I'm missing all the fun
Baby you owe me one
Aha
My turn to run
A chance to feel the sun
Baby you owe me one

Aha
Look what you've done
I'm missing all the fun
Baby you owe me one
Aha
My turn to run
A chance to feel the sun
Baby you owe me one

Aha
Look what you've done
I'm missing all the fun
Baby you owe me one
Aha
My turn to run
A chance to feel the sun
Baby you owe me one

Aucun commentaire:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...